This application is a variation of the Pretty Good Music Player that allows it to be used as a launcher application!
Tired of music players that take forever to start up because they're loading ads or trying to download stuff? Of music players that ignore Bluetooth controls, or stop responding after a few minutes? I was too, so I wrote this app!
The Pretty Good Music Player is an open source (GPL) folder-based music player with no frills. It's small, it's responsive, and it plays music.
- Audiobook mode automatically saves your position in a given album
- The color theme and text size are now configurable
- This player protects against accidental pausing when your phone is jostled and the headphone cord shifts. I added this because it was annoying when my phone was in my pocket and would auto-pause because the headphone cable was bumped.
- Plays .mp3, .m4p, .m4a, .aac, and many more types of audio files.
- Accepts play, pause, previous, and next commands from Bluetooth headsets.
- When you select 'All songs' for a given artist, the songs are ordered by album, not alphabetically.
- Automatically pauses and resumes when another app (e.g. GPS) needs audio.
- If another app needs audio for more than 30 seconds (e.g. a phone call), it does not automatically resume.
- "Repeat All" is always on.
- If you click "back" too quickly, it double checks that you want to leave before quitting.
Expected Folder Layout:
It's designed to work with artist folders copied from iTunes. That means it expects directory structure:
/01 - First Song.mp3
/02 - Second Song.mp3
/03 - Third Song.mp3
/04 - Fourth Song.mp3
/01 - Another Song.mp3
I've noticed that if I pause a song for an extended period of time, I need to press and hold the 'pause' button on my Bluetooth headset to get it to resume playing.
The full source code is available here: https://github.com/smithdtyler/prettygoodmusicplayer/tree/launchermode
The awesome icon was designed by Emily Krueger of Vine Creative: http://www.vinecreativemn.com/
If you have any problems, please leave a comment with as much information as possible and I'll try to get a fix out ASAP.
Bluetooth control tested with an LG Electronics Tone+ HBS-730 Bluetooth Headset
PGMP Launcher Mode
Copyright Tyler Smith 2014
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
See http://www.gnu.org/licenses/ for a full copy of the GNU General Public License.
I post on Reddit as https://www.reddit.com/user/MythsBusted
Updating to match the features in the regular Pretty Good Music Player
Corrected styles for API v10. Fixed font sizing problem for small screens.
* Audiobook mode
* Customizable colors
* Notification controls
* Seek function
Content rating: Everyone
Author: TD Smith Software
Market link: com.smithdtyler.prettygoodmusicplayer.launchermode
Web site: https://github.com/smithdtyler/prettygoodmusicplayer/tree/launchermode
Market downloads: 100-500
Market rating: 5.0 / 5.0
Category: Top:/Applications/Music & Audio